1.13.2010

Cold-blooded murder

This is mostly for Brittnie. I promised her that I would actually post something (I mean I just posted two and a half months ago, I'd say I'm doing pretty well). I'm pretty sure she is one of the few that even noticed, nevertheless here I am, actually writing on my blog.

Since I haven't posted since Halloween, I should note that my Thanksgiving and Christmas were fantastic.

Now I'm back at school. Life is pretty joyous except a sad event which occurred in our apartment this weekend. My roommate Jenny got two frogs for Christmas: Chum Lee and Pablo Sanchez. They became like our fourth and fifth roommates, we'd watch them sit at the bottom of the tank, occasionally tap on the tank to see if they would move... you could say we grew pretty attached. However, Sunday, Jenny and I got home from church to a terrible sight. Pablo was lying at the bottom of the tank, belly up... dead. Even more distressing was when we noticed that it appeared that one of his feet was under a rock--as if he was stuck there, could never come up for breath, and thus died from suffocation. Yes, it appears that Chum murdered his friend. I took it upon myself to clean the tank and dispose of the body. We had a small funeral with only his close friends. It was a very emotional time for all of us. Chum Lee remains with us and seems suspiciously happy to have the tank to himself. It makes me sick.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed. I am very happy that you updated your blog. Although the frog situation is quite distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy! jenny told me about the death but I didn't know it was murder! That is quite sad. I once had some fish die my freshman year. I know how it feels. good luck getting through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete