6.25.2009

the rest of Day 1

I'm sure you're all dying to know if we got into Wimbledon. Well here's the rest of the story. I got the ice cream and started running after where I had last seen mom. I finally found her after almost losing the ice cream cone I was carrying.


We started moving again and essentially didn't stop (except when we got yelled at for taking a picture by the security station) until we were in the Wimbledon facility. So yes we got in. Oh and this whole time we were carrying a straightener and blow dryer we had bought at a drug store because we hadn't planned on being out for very long. We figured we'd be exhausted so we weren't worried about carrying a couple of bags around for an hour or two before going back to the hotel to sleep. Apparently this was a bad guess. So we felt a little silly carrying a straightener in to Wimbledon but who cares?


We walked around for awhile trying to find a match we could actually watch. With ground tickets, you don't even have a chance to see the big matches and you essentially have to fight for any other seats. So we finally found a women's doubles match between Maria Elena Camerin/Anna Chakvetadze and Edina Gallovits/Katalin Marosi. It was a pretty close match so we watched it for awhile. We heard occasional cheering from a big, covered court behind us but I'm not sure who was playing there.


While there I decided that I want to be one of the kids who runs to get the balls at Wimbledon. They are pretty awesome. They wear sweet outfits and have to move like robots.


So I would say it was a pretty successful day. Even if we didn't get to see Roger Federer play we at least got to see his name on the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment